Legastat was asked by its client to provide a wholesale logistical review and disclosure of a high volume of documents relating to a legal case against a contractor of the client.
Legastat identified from the off that this major project would require an entire infrastructure to be implemented on an isolated network.
That project infrastructure that Legastat designed and implemented included:
- Document processing: Legastat identified which market leading software tools would best meet this particular project need. Legastat utilised Nuix, iPRO Scan & OCR, iPRO V-Code, Access Database & SQL specialists to achieve de-duplication, metadata extraction, keywords searching, results sampling, scanning, unitising and coding.
- Document review: An adequate review tool was required by the client to categorise, search, tag, redact, and prepare disclosure. Legastat assessed the options available and identified Thomson Reuters’ CaseLogistix review platform as the most suitable for the client. This allowed Legastat to supply the client with daily metrics on the number of documents reviewed, individual performance, and speedy review in the context of a large database.
- Production & Presentation: Legastat's expertise in the legal process was the driver behind establishing an exchange protocol with the other side in the dispute. A weekly disclosure was established. Exporting the documents from the system and applying further checks on privilege and defence related issues, was a key feature of this major e-disclosure project.
- Disclosure from Other Parties: Integration was a key element to making the best use of the exchange protocol. The weekly disclosure received from the other party ensured the documents were disclosed and de-duplicated against Legastat's client’s own documents, cancelling the possibility of duplication.
- Project Management & Advice: As well as designing this major infrastructure project, Legastat empowered the client with advice on the best tools available given the requirements, and process management. We trained more than 20 users on the network with Legastat support available during the review process.
Legastat is committed to an all encompassing service for the client and in this project responded to all requirements. We installed all the software and supplied the hardware required for the processing and review.
In all, Legastat was the designer, implementer, troubleshooter and adviser for the client on this large scale project.